At the risk of sounding like someone yelling, ?Fire! Fire!,? technology is upending the business world ? and in ways that go far beyond Amazon forcing a new reality for retail?and Walmart jumping into the grocery business.
Every industry ? from healthcare and financial services to education and entertainment ? is at risk of disruption. The call to action is clear: Embrace the idea of digital transformation, if you want to remain secure and grow in today?s technology driven, app-focused world.
But how does one begin? How do you successfully navigate from the path you?re on to where you need to be? We get these questions a lot at PointClear. Here are a few thoughts from our innovators?
1. Research, research, research. We say it three times because there are three categories of research that should be a part of any digital strategy:
- Market research. A deep dive into industry reporting and the creation of competitive SWOT analyses help you understand market trends and predictions, and how to position your business to beat the competition now and into the future.
- Stakeholder research. This ensures understanding of internal needs and expectations. It also helps with the gathering of important information that will shape the scope of your effort, from product roadmaps and timelines to budgets and deliverables.
- Customer / user research. Surveys, focus groups, and/or one-on-one interviews / observations assure you understand what your customers (or prospective customers) want and need. Only with a clear picture of their goals, typical tasks, work flows, and pain points can you deliver a powerful, ?I can?t live without this? digital experience.
READY FOR YOUR COMPANY’S DIGITAL TRANSFORMATION?
HERE ARE 4 STEPS TO TAKE BEFORE JUMPING INTO YOUR NEXT SOFTWARE BUILD.?READ ON
2. Establish well-defined goals ? sooner rather than later. Goals should be SMART goals:
- Specific ? Know exactly what you want to accomplish.
- Measurable ? Know how you?ll quantify success.
- Achievable ? Understand what?s reasonable, so your team is positioned for a win.
- Realistic ? Understand your resources (and limitations) and plan accordingly.
- Time-oriented ? Create boundaries to work within. This is equally important for months-long or years-long efforts.
3. Agree on an MVP ? and then iterate. Technology is never a ?one and done? proposition, so start with an MVP (minimum viable product) and then build from there. Remember, MVPs should be defined by user flows (key tasks), not features. Doing it this way means your users can always reach a decision ? even if it?s restricted to only a ?single path? in the beginning. Refinements and enhancements can be made when you?re ready to move beyond v1.
4. Develop a thoughtful launch plan. This ensures your users ? both internal and external ? are ready for your new software and understand the value proposition. Your launch plan should include details on things like implementation, training, and user support. It should also include a marketing plan, so that the right messages are being shared with the right people at the right time.
5. Be patient. Transformation of any kind doesn?t happen overnight, but with clear goals, pathways, communications, and expectations, you?ll get there. And then just iterate!
To connect with one of PointClear Solutions’ technology experts, or to learn more about this blog topic (or our digital strategy, design, development, and/or management services),?Contact Us. (And don’t forget to follow us on?LinkedIn?for more great content!)
READ MORE ABOUT:
TALK with US
Digital Expertise to Support Your Success.
PointClear Solutions’ strategy, design, development, and management services can help elevate your brand reputation, grow your market share, and boost your revenues ? all in record time. Connect with us to learn more.
Complete the form below, so that we can connect you with the right person. You?ll hear from a member of our team shortly.