2 MIN. READ
While corporate wellness programs are not a new concept, more companies are realizing what many have known all along: they can have significant and impactful benefits on your employees and business.
With increasing access to personalized technology and applications that drive lasting behavior change, the time has never been better to help employees live healthier, more productive lives while boosting their engagement with and loyalty to the company.
Corporate Wellness Programs
A survey by the American Journal of Health Promotion found that businesses that provide wellness programs can improve worker productivity, reduce absenteeism, and lower overall costs. Other key findings include:
- 92% of workplaces with 500 or more employees were likely to have a corporate wellness program, versus 60% of those with 50 to 99 employees and 39% of those with 10 to 24 employees.
- 20% of U.S. workplaces offered programs to help with stress management.
- Only 17% of U.S. companies offered comprehensive workplace health programs.
WANT TO LEARN MORE ABOUT CORPORATE WELLNESS?
SEE A REAL-WORLD EXAMPLE HERE.
Who Needs a Wellness Program?
Most companies will agree that a one-size-fits-all wellness solution is not an ideal strategy for them or for their employees. Companies need customizable, personalized, and adaptive solutions tailored to support individual users. Effective program elements include:
- Technology to aid in tracking meaningful and substantial changes
- Ability to tailor programs to individual health goals
- A habit-forming app to help employees stay on track
- Solutions based on behavioral science where employees can see results
- Point-based reward system for meeting individual goals
- Customizable nutrition and exercise plans
Before your business rolls out a wellness program, it should develop a strategy to encourage employee participation and ongoing engagement. Steps to develop such a program may include:
- Development of several user personas
- Creating journey maps
- Customizable user experiences and user interfaces
- Industry-specific or location-specific attributes
Technology to Drive Results
Using behavioral science, your wellness program technology can help change people’s behavior for the better and improve their overall health, in the short and long-term. If the program is not designed to account for psychological, cognitive, and behavioral factors, it’s much more likely to fail. As such, understanding baseline parameters about your employees will help you design a much more effective program.
GoPivot, for example, leverages the latest advances in data analytics and behavioral science plus a comprehensive online rewards mall to inspire individuals. With a mobile first design, and extensive device and app integrations, the easily accessible platform encourages employee engagement, wherever they are. The points-based reward system helps companies motivate employees to improve their health, with a program that’s flexible for every individual and organizational goal.
Considering building or updating a healthcare platform or app to encourage employee health and wellness? Learn more about how strategy, design, and development services can help get your technology to market faster, less expensively, and with more flexibility. Contact us to discover more.
We'd Love to Hear from You
From idea to implementation – and beyond. We’re here to help make your product vision reality.
Since 2006, PointClear has been a trusted partner for custom design and development in the healthcare industry. We have created innovative solutions for companies ranging from start-ups to well established enterprises.
We invite you to connect with us so we can learn more about how we may be able to support and assist.